Y is for Yoga

I am trying to commit to yoga; I seem to go through spells. It is the only exercise one can do that aids  the Endocrine system.  I think I need to recommit; it really does have amazing health benefits.

Yoga helps us tune in, it is subtle, but things start to change. Trainer Baron Baptiste has quite the flowery language in his classes. I only know via his DVDs. He talks about we are all born with balance, but stress and struggles tightens our muscles and cause imbalance. Yoga helps, "analysis paralysis is your ego's way of keeping you rooted in intellect rather spirit. Trust the natural flow, the ebb n' flow of life".





There are many types the calm Hatha to the twisted pretzel Bikram. There is something for everyone.
Yoga Journal also has a lot of info about poses and videos you can watch. 


This was in a Yoga Journal article:

A triathlete Jaime Powell had been enjoying a vigorous Ashtanga Yoga routine for three years. But that spring her practice was transformed in an instant when a truck hit her while she was out on her bike for a training ride, breaking two of her ribs, chipping two vertebrae, fracturing her sternum, and badly injuring her knee. It was more than a year before Powell could return to her Ashtanga practice, and going from having a body that could bend like a pretzel to one that had to rely on a walker for two months permanently altered her approach to yoga. "The accident helped me become much less competitive," she says, "more self-reflective and tuned in to subtleties. I realized that being present and patient and slowly working an edge is the same for everyone, regardless of physical ability."


 There are many instructors and I have several different types of dvds, but I think Baron really finds a way to make it  user friendly and points out little subtle movements that help. He says he started doing yoga in the womb.

Comments

Unknown said…
just finished my Y post.. and it's yoga too.... but for kids.. I am posting it tonight.. so funny.. that magazine looks great.. do you get it???I want your old one???LOL
Ella said…
I get YJournal now; I don't have this issue. I am trying to get back into it. Kid yoga is so fun; I will be by~
Ellie Garratt said…
I'd love to do Yoga but I'd need to attend a class - I'll never stick to it otherwise!

Ellie Garratt
Ella said…
Ellie-What type do you prefer? I know Yodelga ;-D
Interesting post. My mom is an aerobics instructor, she does everything from yoga to zumba.