Tiny Touches





Do you have a few friends you like to give a little something special to? I made up these , little
tea cups or sugar bowls with a vintage looking ornament, mini cookies and a tea bag as a thoughtful touch. I am still working on a few more...but for now, this is what i have come up with.

A few vintage finds or you could do thrift shop tea cups...or use the instant coffee packets, or
hot chocolate. I am thinking of making a few for my daughters' teachers. I can see there is a lot
of variety, fudge and cocoa or the wedding cake cookies..would be a nice touch...snow ball look a likes.

Last year i did mini bowls, with soup, cocoa tea and/or coffee pkgs(think General Foods International ones) then added elements for the person i was giving, mints, chocolate or the honey sticks, the crystal sugar candy, a gift card to Starbucks would be a nice touch or chocolate coffee beans....it is a fun gift to make/give with endless possibilities.

Well, off to the mail and thrift shop, again....I need a few more unique containers.

It is the thought, that counts! (oops see at broken cookie; i will fix it)

Comments

Jennifer said…
What an awesome idea! I can't wait to get started! I am in LOVE with the one with the tea cup and saucer with little red and pink flowers. It matches my casserole dishes. Whoever recieves that one is very lucky!!!
Becky Shander said…
Oh what fun! Every aspect of these gifts appeal to me - the gathering, the recycling, the tasty goodies, etc.
Ella said…
I had sooo much fun doing these, still doing them! I will post another one, later...i am going to share my gingerbread biscotti.

My son wants a soup one, Miso, also thought about adding fresh herbs....He is into sushi, i could add nori and wasabi, pickled ginger, etc.

My daughter wants a chocolate one, cocoa, mini marshmallows, peppermints to add...endless possibilities, here.

I would love to have a casserole dish that matched, i think this is from the 40-50's era? I bet it is gorgeous, i have several tea cups...i can part with 1 for a special friend.

Thanks!!
Pixie said…
Oh, how lovely! i wish I found cool stuff like that when I thrift.