W is for What? ;D

I know this one will raise some eyebrows!  I showed you the Panty hose cuffs I made....




 What is that my grandmother use to say?!  "Waste not, want not."

  Well when I cut the panty hose up, what was left- the waist!  I didn't want to waste the waist...so what does a gal do?!    I made a headband out of it...but not just any headband.  I wanted a 1920s feel-I went Flapper, not Gangster.  I convinced hubby to watch Broadwalk Empire with me.     I won't spoil it for you, but oh, my!  


My daughter still loves her Queen costume(photos later on). She was suppose to help, glam me up. Heavy eye liner and all, but she was called into work and it didn't happen. So, I made the best of it...when she came home I heard,  "What is up with your eyes?"   I told her and got a big "ooooh that explains it"-so excuse the photo...it isn't good. I took it.  I'm not photogenic and when hubby takes my pic, he hurries and I usually close my eyes. I'm the one behind the camera, not in front of.   And I like it,  like that, but today I'm going to be the model.

Here I am cutting the top off the panty hose-the waist band!  


Now it is time to sew! You can do this by hand, glue gun with a few stitches or just your sewing machine.   Pick out whatever bits n' bobs you like~
I had a black applique, some feathers(I think I need more feathers), some rhinestone and vintage flowers.   Have fun...



This is how it could look. I want to make another one...I'm kinda saving the white flowers and feathers, for my daughter's Prom.  It is next Saturday-I am making  the flowers and a clip for her hair and boyfriend's  boutonniere.   I also painted a purse for her to take-thrift shop find, now red.   I will show you how it all comes out~



  Hope you have a Happy Friday!  I am alone for the first time in weeks!  I'm going to go ride my bike, visit blogs and write~   Woo, hoo... 

Comments

No one would ever know that wasn't an expensive headband.
You do photograph well though!
D.G. Hudson said…
Alex is right, you look very nice in photos. Excellent Flapper headband. I loved their cloche hats too from that era. I liked feathers in hats as long as they aren't real. It adds a little dash!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oh how creative. You should post a YouTube video on these.
Kerry O'Connor said…
You have shared so many wonderful ideas, Ella and I think you look beautiful in the picture.
Bob Sanchez said…
That's so creative! Good post.
Mary said…
Another very clever idea, Ella. Enjoy your alone time.
Mary said…
And loved the photos of you.
Wanda said…
Girl you certainly live up to your grandmother's words. Every time I read about your creations I'm amazed of your talents to see beyond what is seen. Have a great weekend Ella.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Beautiful! I wish you could've been there when we cleaned out my mother's houses. You would've found a gold mine in materials.
Nick Wilford said…
What an excellent creation! You're so resourceful. And you look great in the pics!
Suzanne Furness said…
Fabulous idea, so different! Hope your daughter has a wonderful Prom too :)
Lolamouse said…
I adore that headband! Boardwalk Empire is one of the few shows that my husband and I watch whenever it's on. I love the way they dressed back then!

Thanks for your comment on my Turtle Being! I joke with my family that my headstone is going to say "Died while saving a turtle in the highway!"
Mark Means said…
That is awesome!

My grandma always told me that she used to be a Flapper back in the day...I'm sure she would have loved what you did with that.

Great job :)
Renee said…
Love what you did with the headband! Great photo, you look about 20, how do you do it? You're very photogenic.
Yolanda Renée said…
Amazing talent, and you are quite lovely too!
Ella said…
Yolanda-Thank you! ;D It just came to me after I made the bracelet. You are sweet...

Renee-lol, you know better ;D I don't, but thank you! No, I'm really not-You should see the photos I didn't share-odd smirks and squinted eyes, lol. Thank you! I had fun~

Mark-Oh, how fun to imagine our grandmothers as Flappers ;D I love that~ Thank you!

Lolamouse-I too save turtles! I love that~ ooh, sorry about my Animal Medicine poem-just remember it was all in fun! We turtle savors have to stick together!

I know I love the fashions too. I stared a Pinterest board :D I bet you will go see the The Great Gatsby movie! I want to...

Suzanne-Thank you! :D Yes, why not...lol Oh, thank you-gosh, where did this month go?!

Nick-Thank you! You are kind...I have a hard time with photos, but I knew I had to go there. Yes, panty hose on my head-I am an April Fool ;D lol

L.Diane-I bet! :D I know my mom tossed some stuff I wanted. I kept saying mail me stuff I can sell it for you! She didn't...even old letters and postcards are in big demand for art~ It is crazy, but good we can find a use for what is vintage and filled with memories~
Thank you :D

Wanda-Thank you! I do think it would be fun to sell them-I'm working on it. I might even do a give away(panty hose style) lol

Mary-Thank you I really did. It was a gift! I haven't been alone since March 22nd, for more than a couple hours~ You are kind :D

Hi Bob-Thank you so much! I think even my grandmother would wear one, lol ;D

Kerry-Thank you :D I have tried-sometimes it feels like a gift and a curse~ You are kind! @>---------

Michael-Thank you so much! I might just need to work on my accent. It is New England with a southern twang. lol

DG-I too love those hats! I bought my daughter one for Christmas-mmh, might just have to borrow it! ;D
lol Thank you~

Alex-Thank you! No, I really don't, but thank you :D
You are sweet Captain~

Amanda Trought said…
I think you look lovely and the headband is a great idea, looks so pretty, you did a good job!
Anwar Fazil said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelly said…
You are so creative. Like the bird in the tea cup pic, too.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly
Ella said…
Shelly-Thank you! He does look rather snug in there, lol. ;D
You are sweet like hugs n' chocolate~

Amanda-Thank you! It was fun, but I do not think my daughter will wear one to Prom, lol. I have something else in mind, for her ;D