Dr. says I broke my....

CAMERA!!!   I ordered parts, but hubby now wants to perform surgery on it.  I'm nervous.   It feels like my vision is tilted-without my creative lens.   Noooooooo, is all my head keeps screaming-don't touch it!  He has offered to fix my back a few times with his nail gun and Dremel tool.    No thanks...

Yeah, he has nicknamed  himself the Doctor.  I know What's up Doc?  is what comes to mind. I took photos this morning of a baby bunny hopping in the fresh, wet grass.  Just the sweetest thing and now I can't get the photos off the camera.  It is either the card reader or the mini b connector.    I ordered both and he just keeps looking at my camera like Doctor Dreadful.   Lugging it around..."you get jam on it I'll kick your butt.  Wash your hands damn it!" Augh....  Now he is watching YOUTUBE videos for insight how to fix it...I feel a migraine building...

He can fix most anything, but geesh if it doesn't work...I'm in trouble. I am suppose to be practicing and graduation is coming up and I am taking photos for a wedding. 
I know I don't take the best photos, but I try to take photos with heart.  Photos that make you see something else, besides the moment-the emotion. 

Damn, damn, damn....do you have a spouse that thinks they can fix anything?  Do you let them experiment with your precious toys?  

Sorry I didn't get to visit all of you yesterday. We had an odd storm last night and the internet was so slow, then it went down.   I will be by today... 

So, are you handy or live with someone handy or are you MacGyver?!



Comments

Mark Means said…
Haha....I'm the MacGuyver type, too. I thought it was funny how you said he was checking YouTube (which I've done many times!) to see how to fix it :)

I'm sure he'll get it up and running in no time and, maybe, he calls himself the "Doctor" because he travels in time in a bright blue police box....

Now -that- would be cool :D
Unknown said…
So sorry to hear about your camera, Ella. :( It's so frustrating to have your creativity stifled. Like wanting to draw but not having paper, pens, etc.

But your story did make me understand how my wife must feel--I'm the spouse that thinks he can fix anything! LOL

Part of growing up with a father who was a mechanic I suppose. :)

Hope he gets it working agin soon!
kaykuala said…
If it's broken especially electronics send it to the manufacturer's rep. They have the tools and expertise. It'll save time and more so the anxiety! Nicely Ella!

Hank
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Yoiks, of all times for your camera to not work. I am nervous for you, and with you. Yes, take it to the shop immediately!!!!
Sorry the camera decided to have issues now! I can fix about anything on a computer, but I know when to call a repairman for everything else. Hope it still works after he tinkers with it.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Oh no! Hope it's not the card itself. I've had three go corrupt on me.

Tell him if he breaks it he's buying you a new one.
Hart Johnson said…
Now you've got us on pins and needles! I hope he can fix it!!!
Wanda said…
Oh no not the camera. I wish there was a mr fix it around these parts...lol :) You know youtube can be quite helpful.
Wanda said…
Oh no not the camera. I wish there was a mr fix it around these parts...lol :) You know youtube can be quite helpful.
Renee said…
I'm terrified for you! Hoping for the best outcome, I love your photos.
Mary said…
Yikes...I hope it gets fixed somehow.
Ella said…
Hi Mary-Yeah, the countdown begins!
I'm going insane, no quiet, no alone time and no camera except Instagram on my phone?! augh...lol

Renee-Thank you! It does sound kind of scary! Thank you~ :D

Wanda-I know right! I know youtube really is great, but I'm worried...
and the tiny parts are hard to find in this country..!

Hart-Thank you! Yes, plenty of those around me-darn it! One can hope~ :D Fingers and toes crossed...

L.Diane-I bet it is...lol I know right! My birthday and Mother's Day are coming up ;D
Wow...three?!

Alex-I bet he will fix it, but I just don't like the idea of it and the wait! He is clever like that, but...

Sherry-There isn't a shop near by and then I worry they could refurnish parts-switch things out.
Nothing is easy, but I'm lucky it happened after prom! :D

Hank-Thanks I'm all for less anxiety! ;D I really don't know where to take it. I'm going to consider my options and make him sign a contract-I'm kidding-maybe, lol

EJ-Thank you! YOU guys rock, gals too who can do this! I admire the bravery and curiosity! His Dad is a welder and mine was a mechanic ;D
Me, I'm good for being creative with odd things and he is good at fixing them! It is just such a tiny part and it looks like major surgery to me-

Mark-I laughed so hard at your comment! I almost spit my Iced Tea all over my keyboard-you are so funny! My son watches Dr. Who and is trying to get me into it. I actually bought him Dr. Who stuff for Christmas, lol. Always nice to have a Dr in the house-unless they break your camera ;D




Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My husband really can fix almost anything. I can't tell you how many things I've broken over the years, and he's never steered me wrong yet. In fact, when he says something is toast, I know it's time to go shopping.

But then, trouble shooting was his job before he retired, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Good luck with the camera, it's like losing a part of yourself when it goes haywire...

Hope you have a happy mother's day, xoxox
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.