Driven Mad

Life has been a bit mad lately.   I honestly felt like Alice falling into the rabbit's hole- my journey has been a  bit more hellish.   Yes, there was tea involved, gloves and Vanilla mint cookies.  I was working on an art challenge and became a bit obsessed-I prefer driven.

Yes, we have struggled with Ninja Chiggers-dreadful mites that live outdoors. They love to cling to your wrists and ankles.  I  won't go into the horrid details-but let's just say I have been cleaning everything like a Mad Hatter.  I have washed everything with hot water and those items one can't-well I tossed those out on the deck to freeze.  I did see Peter the other night scurrying off in the leaves.  Sorry Peter dear, the tender hearts you love are bitten with white frost.  I will plant you new treats, next spring.


I was working on art to submit to  Somerset Memories. 
The challenge is to create art and   'Think Outside the Book'.  I decided to make art which reflected Emily Dickinson's poetry. 



Yes, her hands are pencils!  


I also created some art with reflection.  She became a recluse-her view of the world was through panes of glass.  Did she retreat because of pain?  Perhaps she was ill or weary due to a broken heart?    Sad...

Another project-yes, see gloves!




A future wedding memento for my daughter.   You know plenty of somethings.
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a silver sixpence for your shoe."   When you submit to the magazine-sometimes you will be published for your mail art or the way you wrap your submissions.  Yes, it kinda of felt like a birthday, wedding and tea party at my home. 

Yes, I am pouring tea, my Mad Hatter duties are to be continued...



“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”   ― Eleanor Roosevelt

 

 

 


Comments

Brian Miller said…
nice.. love your art ella....ugh on the chiggers...had them, no fun...we use some white lotion to get rid of them...
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Your art is always magical, Alice.....er, Ella :) (cackle). I love that you are tucking away future mementos for Angela. The glove project looks especially amazing. I am sure Somerset will not be able to resist your submission...yay! A year ago you were hoping to get into this mag and now you are nearly a regular contributor. Whu-hoo! The chigger problem sounds like a plague I dearly hope to avoid ever experiencing. Hope they are gone soon. Next time he gores hunting, make him strip on the outside porch then get right into the shower, hee hee.
Createology said…
How can Somerset resist your amazing artwork?!! Love the snippets you have shared. I agree the packaging is very important. Positive thoughts and don't drink the potion Alice...
Mary Ann Potter said…
Oh, I see more published artwork in your future! How cool. May every chigger in and around your place disappear quickly.
Nice work, Mary!
I guarantee Ninjas had nothing to do with chiggers though. At least not this Ninja...
Mary said…
Ella, what beautiful work!! You come up with the most creative ideas, Ella. I hope the chiggers are soon creatures of the past rather than the present. Ugh.
Ella said…
Mary-Thank you! I think it is under control-but what a battle. He had them a few years ago-but nothing to this degree. Now, sleep is what I crave~

Alex-Yes, Mary Ann wish is helping and so would some Ninjabread cookies-lol They were tough-another neighbor had them. They can survive three days off the body-so you have to wash, everything you get near. Pillows, coats, bedding, your clothes and that Ninja suit-*smiles*

Mary Ann-Thank you! I think a freeze would help ;D You are kind~

Createology-Thank you! One never knows-You are too kind and I am cautious of all potions ;D You are cute!







Anonymous said…
Love your creations! I like the idea of creating things to put away for when your daughter gets married., I think I will start that as well. thx for the inspiration :)

xo
Abby
Vicki Sheehan said…
i love that eleanor r. quote. i hope you get rid of the bugs soon...hang in there : )
Yolanda Renée said…
Chiggers are horrible things to contend with but at least there is a remedy. I still worry about that snake. LOL
Love your creations. Wishing you success!
Love all Eleanor Roosevelt quotes! She was an amazing woman!
Ella said…
Hi Yolanda! I hope your writing NaNo is going well~ Thank you!
Yes, the trick is to keep washing-those bugs can live on your clothing, bedding, pillows for three days and re-infest...ick!
Thank you!
Ella said…
Sorry, I had to leave..they changed my daughter's uniform at work. Odd
black capri's for this time of year?!
I just got back and will comment...
Ella said…
Hello Vicki-It is getting better~
Thank you!

Hi Abby-Yes, why not?! Thank you! She wore a white prom dress last year and it got me thinking~ I remember my cousins always talking about a hope chest. We could start a memory one, for them! ;D You are welcome-I am not in any hurry for this to happen!

Sherry-Yes, I might change the locks-lol! No, he knows the drill now! I don't think they live where you are-they like this humid, southern air. Honestly this experience has made me want to MOVE back to the snow country! Are you the White Queen?! ;D One never knows what they are competing against-?! I really have no idea, but thank you so much!

Brian-Thank you! Yes, I was reading you can go to the doctor and get this special cream! Things are getting better-thank you~