Imaginary Garden is Transforming

Hannah, offered a prompt  for Transforming Friday-sorry, I am late. 
Antelope Canyon, USA-is hauntingly beautiful! 

"The Navajo name for Upper Antelope Canyon is Tsé bighánílíní, which means "the place where water runs through rocks" and the Lower Antelope Canyon is Hazdistazí or "spiral rock arches." Both are located within the LeChee Chapter of the Navajo Nation."  -Thank you, Hannah  for this magical prompt~

(A beam of light in Upper Antelope Canyon
in Arizona. Lucas Löffler wiki cc)







Secret Love Child



The Antelope knows of their secret love child-
Tears from the sun fall often
  she casts off  her ribbons of sunset 
Cadence of patterns shift 
speak of their union
 moon remembers nightly he paints with moonbeams-
shadow puppets for his child.

Honey eyed girl-her face is scrubbed pink by sands of time
wind is her caregiver-

Our sweet girl will never know muddy green of day 
or see the ocean's kiss
Mom's loosened curls spiral downward 
and tickle her daughter's face
the glow of her peach skin tilts upward
 towards her parents' slow waltz

Tousled light reflects halos of gold
tunneled n' trapped like flowing caramel kisses.

Sign Language helps parents cope
their unhinged happiness
like Origami folds
as gently wind protects their girl 
and paints mirrors of her parent's light
within. 

©Ella Wilson 







Comments

Gail said…
Sad yet beautiful
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Ellie, this is just so beautiful....so many wonderful phrases - the shadow puppets, wind as caregiver, the "honey-eyed girl"......wow! You have captured the swirl and the caramel of the folds of the canyon to perfection.
Vandana Sharma said…
Such an epitome of the eternal love:)The sweet child
Kerry O'Connor said…
This is a beautiful interpretation, Ella. I love how you have woven the visuals of the canyon into your description.
brudberg said…
Ella, this reads just like a mythological saga of the divine losses.. so beautiful how the canyon become the traces of a spiritual sense...
Ribbons of sunset - that is great line!
Hannah said…
Ella, you utterly brought the canyon to life with love with this abstract and metaphorical poem...it engages so many of the senses, truly a treat, my friend. ♥ Thank you for joining the challenge!
Mary Ann Potter said…
Incredibly beautiful imagery here! A work of art.
Grace said…
A very unique interpretation ~ I was imagining a special child, beautiful yet protected by the parents ~

Have a lovely week Ella ~
Jim said…
Honey eyed girl, child of the Moon.
Innocent, pure and protected.
She lives down our street.
Neighbors, we all care, hoping that
her first portrait will be in bright,
moonbeam silhouette.
..
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Such warm and inviting words. I always wanted to see Antelope Canyon.
Yolanda Renée said…
Ella, what a magical place and an equally magical poem! Thank you!
Susie Clevenger said…
You have captured the awe of this place..the beauty.
How utterly gorgeous. God bless you.
Scriptor Senex said…
Some wonderful phrases and visions in there, Ella. And the photo is one of those that should inspire anyone to poetry - a good choice, Hannah.
M Pax said…
You write such provocative poetry, Ella. I always love the way you string the words and images together.
Ella said…
You all are the best-thank you!!!

I have been sick-I hope to visit you tonight! I don't think my sinuses like living in the south-I have suffered here more than anywhere I have lived~

MPax-Thank you! Yes, I do love string art and poems-maybe I should combine them ;D Thank you so much, Mary!

John-Thank you! I hope you are doing well~ Yes, Hannah transforms all of us with her prompts~ This one had a mystical feel!

Blessed Holy Socks-I love your name!
Thank you so much~

Susie-Thank you! I wanted this wonder to have a story~

Yolanda-Thank you! Yes, I wish we could visit this place-now that would be magical~ ;D

L.Diane-I hope we get to go some day!
Thank you~

Hi Jim-I guess I should of used honeyed?! lol You are fun!

Grace-Thank you! Yes, this is how how I, too imagined her~

Mary Ann-Thank you! I hope you are keeping warm- It is an enchanting place~
Ella said…
Hannah-Thank you! You have transformed my view~ ;D I really enjoyed your prompt-you are sweet! SS

Alex-Thank you! Ninjas know a few things about ribbons or is that belts?! lol

Bjorn-Thank you! I love your comment- I wanted it to feel just like you said ;D

Kerry-Thank you! I loved the idea of making it feel sacred and special!

Vandana-Yes, a very sweet child~ I hope she has many friends who visit her often ;D

Sherry-Thank you! Yes, I had fun with this one-I did crave caramel after writing it though-lol

Gail-Yes, so true!