Legs

Over in the Garden, Karin mentioned legs.  So, I am going to write about the last leg I stood on.  My son needed me to watch his puppy, Wade.  He was dropped him off Sunday evening and by midnight I realized the puppy had slept all day.  I finally dragged a mattress into my daughter's old room, which is getting a make over and encouraged him with a rawhide chew and a ceiling fan to settle down.   He finally did and I passed out until 2:30am-he asked to go out.  Then he woke me  again at 5am.  I gave up and got up.  I haven't been the same since Wade arrived.  He dragged me,  pulled me, got away from me headed to the snake pit swamp.  It didn't help that it was early in the morning and I was in a long T-shirt and flip flops hollering at a beagle. I didn't run...I knew he would.  I hoped I was having a nightmare as I stood sinking in leave muck worried about snakes.  Wade has a new name  Devil Dog.   I have photos on my cell phone of the huge seven foot long black snake we saw a few hours after our event.  I was more worried about Wade running away than the neighbors seeing me in my pj's, but I have learned my lesson.   He has the sweetest face, but all day long he would scratch to go outside, five minutes after being indoors. I had him for several days-he wore me out~




Waderful

You zigzagged me
through the forest
chasing a rabbit
chasing a bird
chasing daylight

Buff n' tough
you escaped
lunged for soaring
wings
towards swamp things
Devil Dog
you want a treat
you furbaby from hell

dragging me to all 
corners of my
hood
I am sore
calf muscles knotted
zombie like I wander
into  day
you are gone
did I dream
of you-playing
with Underdog
chasing me
looping me through trees
running at me and then pulling
me like a kite.



I apologize-I am still worn out from lack of sleep and this  furry personal trainer torturing me.  My son asked if I could watch him next week.  A free fitness session-yippie!  I am so not doing
a Snoopy dance~  


 
 



Comments

Outlawyer said…
Oh dear--Wade has given you a good source of material though. I enjoyed your midnight romps! (Ha.) Thanks, Ella. k.
Well at least he gave you a terrific poem! :)
Sara McNulty said…
Great poem and picture!
Sumana Roy said…
a different day i mean night...variety is the spice of life :)
Jim said…
Oh Ella, beagles are the best, friendliest, well mannered dog you could have. You told it well, now rest up your last legs for the next. You will love that dog!

Our Adi beagle dog was a spayed female. She and I were an animal therapy team, visiting senior citizen homes and Alzheimer patients. Also tutoring kids to read, she was a reading dog.
Adi, About Me (a little meme)
..
Puppies are a handful! Made for an amusing poem though.
Other Mary said…
Awwwww - that face! He's sooo cute, and so naughty! What a funny story and poem. Not as you are going through it though. I predict you and Wade will become the best of friends, but until then, good luck next week!
Vicki Sheehan said…
funny! he's so cute...you'll be in love with him before you know it : )
Hannah said…
I would love to embody a dog...do that chasing sun thing in the forest. From a dog-lover...I love your poem, Ella. ♥
Sherry Blue Sky said…
I giggled all the way through this. Might I suggest, for night excursions, a LONG LEASH? LOL. Also run him in the day and in the evening make him chase a ball up and down the hall a bunch of times, take him for one last pee at ten p.m and hopefully he might sleep thru the night! The big snake is darned scary!!!!
Sherry Blue Sky said…
I giggled all the way through this. Might I suggest, for night excursions, a LONG LEASH? LOL. Also run him in the day and in the evening make him chase a ball up and down the hall a bunch of times, take him for one last pee at ten p.m and hopefully he might sleep thru the night! The big snake is darned scary!!!!
Ella said…
Thank you I will return to comment~
I have to take photos for the PROM~

ATB
Mary said…
Sounds like a delightful dog, Ella....even though persistent and energetic. Really cute as well!
Sanaa Rizvi said…
This is so adorable..! :D
Loved the picture of the cute little dog.. hes seems so playful.. :D

The poem is written beautifully and is a very befitting tribute to him :D

Love,
Sanaa
Susie Clevenger said…
A delightful doggie..My daughter has visited recently with her dog. He is a pistol, but he brings plenty of smiles.
Gail said…
Free workout!

This may become your standard weekend...training for a marathon.
Ella said…
This pistol was a blast except for the early before coffee snake pit~
Other than that...we had lots of love and giggles~
Kerry O'Connor said…
I have recently become the slave to a new puppy.. there is no love or devotion that equals the bond between humans and their dogs.