grOW


 ow stands out to me in the word grOW.   

It is the season of planting seeds, seedlings, and glorious blooms.  I hope you and yours had a lovely Mother's Day.  Sometimes my birthday falls on Mother's Day.  It didn't happen this year, but we did have a lovely day-picking strawberries and looking through albums of photos.  A lot of laughter over big 80's hair, the fashions, and silly grins.   Actually, the photos and laughter were the best part of my birthday.  I did get some cool gifts-a mandala table cloth, a mama bear wine glass and Popsocket for my phone.   I also received these beautiful oracle cards called Oracle of Mystical Moments.   The artist is a favorite illustrator of mine-Catrin Welz-Stein.  Her art is dreamy~  Today's card is Listen and so, fits the energy of May.   

 I have read Uranus is in the sign of Taurus today.  The last time Uranus was in this sign was in the 1930's.  There are going to be a lot of surprises and shocks with this energy.  I watch a few astrologers on YouTube. 

This card reminds me of  connecting to nature's voice.  No one believe me, but again I had a rabbit on my deck this morning.  When I see this card I think of ideas taking root and how dreams can enable this process to grow.   I believe we have to listen to our hEARt's voice. Growing can be painful and beautiful.  I think of roses' thorns and perfume.  Life has been like roses for me the past couple of years.  I didn't want to stop blogging, but found it necessary to cope with a loved one's illness.   I have learned I need to nurture me, too.   So,  I can be more sensitive and mindful to others.  This card symbolizes empathy~a gentle reminder to balance life's sorrows and l pleasures.  




I was contacted by Stampington & Company to be a guest artist for their newsletter.  I was stunned and decided to create something with flowers, memories, and charms.   Yes, it was a surprise to be selected and I felt like I had to be Jim Carry and say-Yes.  I thought of the movie-Yes Man



I do miss writing poems-maybe that will happen again, but I think of art being poetic, too.



So, I chose to honor my mom and make a fan!  She adores them~  May is a month we honor Mothers and those we have loved and lost on Memorial Day.   Perhaps in May we should find moments which make us smile and plant happiness in our hearts.  





"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light."  
- Theodore Roethke

Comments

Sherry Blue Sky said…
It is always lovely to read you, Ellie, whether prose or poetry. And your art is SUBLIME. I am happy Stampington recognizes your talent...........your work is highly creative and original. Keep shining, kiddo.
Ella! So good to hear from you. Glad you had a good Mother's Day and birthday. Be creative in what calls you now. Don't worry about what called in the past.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Ella, it's wonderful you are still creating. Your artwork is beautiful.
Ella said…
Hi Sherry-You are so, sweet~ Thank you, so much! I miss writing poetry maybe I will find a way to add some verses to my art~ I just can't do all I want to do. Everyone says pick one thing~ Thank you!

Alex-So, fun to visit you and see how your blog has remained authentically YOU and your style~ You always are generous n' kind!! Thank you, Alex~

L.Diane-I love your cat photos on FB and your blog! They are so, adorable n' fun!! Thank you, so much for visiting me~

Carrie Van Horn said…
You are so talented Ella. You create from poetry to craft, art, and photo. It is always a wonderful experience visiting your blog!
Ella said…
Hi Carrie! I feel that way when I visit you~ You take my breathe away with your talents~
Very nice post. Thanks for sharing with us.