Recycle your Tees

I used 3 T-shirts to make this boa scarf for my daughter.
I now, have request to make more...it is really easy, but
time consuming. You cut the bottom off a t-shirt above the stitching seam...then cut an opening...tie the ends with knots and now get your Tees ready. You will need to cut 7-9" long strips, about 1" wide...you then will double knot them on your base. Alternating colors/designs..if using different colors, etc. Keep going til you are done. I find it easier to prep the strips and then in the evening while watching TV, just tie them on.
I used pinking shears to give it a bit more flair.

Have fun....going thru old Tees to make something new!

Comments

Becky Shander said…
Hi Ellen or do you prefer Ellie? It looks like we're both big into repurposing and using recycled materials for our projects. Your wind chime cookie cutter idea sounds intriguing and I'd enjoy seeing a photo of it.
Have a creative day,
Becky Shander
Ella said…
Thanks Becky for stopping by..i need to browse more, so much ecofriendly crafts out there.
I will take a pic and post it.

I now am shopping for more cookie cutters. I have a few, but love your idea and what a great
package topper.

Thanks,
Ellie
Pixie said…
Awesome! Thanks for the tutoria.