Free Will








SACRED ADVERTISEMENT
Write the following on a piece of red paper and keep it under your pillow. "I, [put your name here], do solemnly swear on this day, [put date here], that I will devote myself for a period of seven days to learning my most important desire. No other thought will be more uppermost in my mind. No other concern will divert me from tracking down every clue that might assist me in my drive to ascertain the one experience in this world that deserves my brilliant passion above all others."

I use to live in Brunswick, Maine, back in 1999. I am from Maine, but loved the European vibe in this midcoast town. I loved the community, the flowery downtown shops: Morning Glory Natural Foods and Second Hand Rose.
The town was always pretty; Bowdoin College in town. The community embraced the college vibe, lots of music in the park, weekly Farmer's market,(when weather permitted) and lots of artistic events.
The local grocer catered to this crowd; they had a section, to purchase home based type meals, individual packed, a lot of vegan foods and an abundance of produce. I grew up in Maine; I had shopped at this grocer, my store was not stocked the same. The demographic alternated their wares. I was thrilled, I have moved a lot and was happy to have such a wonderful selection, within walking/biking distance from my home.

There was a local free paper..always available on Fridays...i would grab it and read this unique
horoscope, Free Will Astrology. We moved(my husband is in the Navy); Later on, I find out they were online. I checked at random the wisdom of the week. I do think with horoscopes, there are certain personality traits of each zodiac sign. I have had my zodiac fit perfectly, one time I was leaving to fly to an island. My father in law and I share the same zodiac sign. He clipped it out of the local newspaper and gave it to me. You will soon be surrounded by water and you will be calm. I hadn't seen my spouse for 4 months, he was stationed on an island in Alaska.
I also think if we listen there are signs everywhere. I was pregnant, had 1 more appointment before my official due date. Everything was fine; we decided to do lunch. We chose Chinese, my fortune cookie, said Monday would be a special day. It was, our son was born, our lst child, my 2nd pregnancy.

I try to listen to my intuition, be open. One time I didn't and I was in a car accident. Exercise your free will; Your choice...(yes, there are outside influences that sometimes alter our choices).
I do think I need a tune up, seems like my family is detouring me. I hear my name...
MOMmmm, so much for free will!

Comments

Becky Shander said…
We've been meaning to get to the Brunswick area. It's very close to Kennebunk, ME (where we have our vacation get-away) but we haven't been there for months. This weekend we're hoping to go for a quick overnight trip (a little down time is better than none at all.)

Btw, what's your zodiac sign? I'm a leo.
Ella said…
Hi Becky,

I haven't been there in years; I loved living there. We lived about 1 1/2 ml away from town.
We use to walk or bike daily to do errands, mainly walk with the kids. My son was almost 10 then, if we rented movies, we would ride bikes downtown.
If we moved back to Maine, this is where, I'd want to put down roots. I'm such a transplant.

I'm a taurus, stubborn, passionate and loyal.