January's Hope


I was in one of those home improvement type stores, when I decided to go look at the plant section; hubby is off, looking at wood. I love the curly bamboo and the beautiful unique florals this time of year. I was stunned to see, the seeds were already out...huh? It is early, i have received 2 seed catalogs so far, but really, I can buy seeds now. I was thrilled, honestly, i love to buy the little peat pots and put them in a window and see if i can get an early start on gardening. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes things fail. I love to grow things, the metaphors for life, we have to weed out,
add nutrients back to the soil, dig, mix and then plant the tiny seeds of hope.

We hope we do well, i mean they do well; We hope our herbal garden grows with abundance, our roses bloom, and our cukes are a bumper crop.(yum pickles)

We hope everything we plant blooms,..but like gardening, life isn't like that. Sometimes plans i mean plants fail.....
I do love though, that as the New Year progresses we can replant,
try, try again, and sometimes we need to tweak the soil or perhaps, there was too much sun or rain. It is never to late to try again to plant the seeds of hope; One just has to begin, again.

Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower.
- Shigenori Kameoka


The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies.
- Gertrude Jekyll


More grows in the garden than the gardener sows.
- Spanish Proverb



~Let's hope that they still find survivors in Haiti, so sad~

I am shocked by the destruction and how bad it is; My husband says there are 4 people on his ship, that have family in Haiti. The Navy is sending ships, there now; they are also starting a fundraiser. Seems like anything at this point, would help.....we don't realize how fortunate we truly are.


Comments