Ring around the Rosie



Yesterday ,my daughter had a birthday party to attend. I wanted to help her creatively wrap the gift;she wanted a traditional look.. We compromised! I made these cute little pipe cleaner rose rings. I saw this on Martha Stewart's wedding show. We tied one on her friend's present and used green ribbon to attach it. It was my only personal touch.

I want to make my Mom a small spring type basket-she loves flowers. I have sent her flowers in the past, but this needs to be a hands on kit. I am including the peat pot dots ,some seeds, gloves for the bow and a rose made out of money, for take out food or another treat. Mom for years said her favorite color was brown, I use to think it was because of dirt. I asked her, is that why? "No", she said, "it is because I look good in brown." Now, it is black, this color has various meanings. I will
enclose a black rose ring. I guess they really do have black roses right?! (pics of basket tomorrow; waiting for my camera battery to charge).

Comments

chrissy said…
hi dear.
love the new look.
you.ve been busy.
your basket for your mom sounds wonderful.
my mom LOVEd gardening.
i found a little note in her journal after she passed away...a bit of advice for whoever read it..it said.
"spend some time in the garden everyday"
happy advice.
loves.
c
Ella said…
Hi Chrissy,
Those little touches mean a lot, a note or a photo,a recipe, all prompt memories. We need to treasure the little things;they really do mean the most. I can't wait to hear about your ART retreat and how magically it was!

Thanks for sharing the Happy Advice and visiting me!
Ellie