My Muse is not Amused


I gave up caffeine, when the calendar turned to the New Year. I have gradually weaned myself down to 1-2 cups a week. In reality I started in December, but became more conscious, at the start of 2010. My Muse isn't amused with this decision, I am dragging energy wise, headaches, and moody. I never over did caffeine; okay, i did. When you have thyroid levels up and down, the first thing you do is abuse caffeine and chocolate. I still have my favorite coffee, just now decaf. I know I will level off and my energy will be more even, more stable. Just lately with darker gray days and no pick me up, I find my brain is in a fog.
My Muse misses her artificial stimulation and so do I. I long to go to my
favorite coffee house and get the real thing, but I will try to be diligent.
As for chocolate, can't do it, I have tried....just trying to be more choosy, go smaller and make better choices.
So, for now, I am using exercise, like I did before for my brain boost, my energy break. My muse isn't thrilled, but today was better. .
I have an Italian bump in my nose, love my cappuccino and lean like the Tower of Pisa. Mmmh, my Muse must be Italian! ( I pulled muscles in on the left side of my back, doing my old favorite
exercise dvd). (My tree heart is almost done; I was sidetracked, my daughter had 1/2 a day yesterday and we had to go Valentine shopping and a birthday party). Today my husband came home early, at noon. So hopefully tonight I will finish...

Comments

Unknown said…
I understand how you feel Ellie. :) Oregon winters = lots of dreary gray days. Spring is just around the corner though! Looking forward to seeing your tree heart and I hope your back gets better soon. Sending you a smile and hug!

Jenny
Andrea Matus said…
Ellie, I'm proud of you! I know how hard it is to give up the coffee addiction (having tried a failed myself a couple of times already!)...and you know the great thing about your muse is the it WILL come back, probably when you least expect it! A new art supply seems to inspire mine sometimes...

Andrea
Ella said…
Thanks!! I did give it up for quite awhile, then over the holidays, i picked the habit back up. I didn't go crazy, but still I had been without caffeine for a year.
The sun is out today, bright, beautiful and cold, but I seem better...Thanks for all your kind words. Jenny, I will take the smile and hug! Andrea, you are so right, the muse will arrive when she wants! Try, try again...