Your True Colors Shining Through

I think of Cyndi Lauper's song, don't you...

Everyone has their favorite color, that usually, but not
always, changes over time.  Then there is the definition of colors, how calming blue is, restorative, peaceful green, red's passion and sign of danger, yellow's warmth and pick me up feel, orange is more cheerful and outgoing than red, and purple is related to spirituality and being creative.  There are many definitions, bottom line if it makes you feel good, then find a way to get it into your living space, wardrobe, and your work space.

I found a couple of online sites that give you a unique
view of color.  This one made my jaw drop, the description of my personality was so precise, I was stunned.
It is called Colorquiz; It takes about 5 minutes, you select color preferences.
"Very emotional and artistic, enjoys being surrounded by beauty and art. Looking for a partner who always has an eye for beauty and who enjoys close, loving relationships."

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."
"Feels as if too many walls and obstacles are standing in her way and that she is being forced to make compromises. she needs to put her own needs on hold for the time being."   These were several comments at the end of my color test.  It fits...
This test is partially based on research by Dr. Max Lûscher regarding, the study of how color affects behavior.   I found it really interesting, all that in just 5 minutes!

Then there is a Color meets astrology site called
Colorstrology.   This site is based on the month you were
born...you will click on your birth month number and then
at the top, can later click on your date. It is light hearted
talks about how this color associated with your month
influences you and what color to wear.  My favorite
color is green, never use to be, so it fit, as well

Another fun site, I have mentioned this one before
is the 8 colors of fitness.   This one is suppose to help you
discover your color fitness personality.   I came up
green again and it was right.  Check it out....color is revealing!


For more information you can check out this book, Leatrice Eiseman is a color expert and has written many books, about color and it's influence. 


Stop by my new shop, on Etsy

Today is my 1 yr. Blog Anniversary, I will be back later to list a give-a-way!

Comments

Congratulations on your year old blog.
I found this post very interesting, about the colours, I think colours do influence a person's mood.

Have a lovely day.
Yvonne.
chrissy said…
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
i, for one, am so very blessed that you started a blog and that our paths have crossed and that i can call you friend.
did you see how many people commented on my hummingbird pouch?
people LOVE it!
as do i!
i see your true colors shining through....will be running through my head all day and i.ll be thinking of my ellie.
huge hugs.
xo
c
Lisa said…
Happy Blogoversary!
Candylei said…
Happy blogger birthday friend! Do you stop and look at colors too, in the paint section at hardware stores? I always have to drool a bit looking at all of them.
Unknown said…
awesome one year I had no idea.. Mine wont' be till December. I love the paint section in the hardware store and my husband said for my bday I could look at changing the color in one room??? hum.......
unnamed lad said…
hi ellie...congratulations! i took the color quiz and....

nuff said:)
really interesting! I've always felt like our color preferences say something about our personalities. Now I'll have to go check that out and see if it's true!
Ella said…
Creepy Query Girl-I so agree; the test fit me really well~ How about you?

Bud-Thanks, I guess it fit, huh...I'll be be
to visit, soon! The female bird is in the toe of the boot, laid her eggs. I can't get a photo, yet. I will as soon, as I can!

Lisa-I call Lowe's my craft store, lol! What
color did you pick?! I think the military life has warped me. I like taupe/latte type colors, sometimes off white is fine and let
my decor set the tone, mood of the room.
Happy Birthday~

Candylei-I love the paint samples; I have a few around the house. I make tags out of them, sew them into my calendar journal. I also grab a few, when I go! The names are so fun!

Lisa-Thank you; hope you and Kit Kat are doing well! I will be by soon, your flower pics are gorgeous!!!

Chrissy-Thanks, so much! I was stunned; I am so happy you love it! I hope you are having a wonderful time, flying to CA and meeting your friend! I, too feel blessed our paths crossed~(((Hugs)))

Yvonne-Thank you; I think we are influenced by them. Most restaurants use red, makes us
hungry! Blue and green tend to be cool colors that calm us. It is an interesting way to view our preferences and our mood~

Thanks everyone, since you commented, your names will also be thrown in the giveaway hat!!! Good luck~
chrissy said…
hi sweets.
just RE.commenting about how WONDERFUL your blog looks today. WOW! thank you for the kind comments you left for me about "comparing". i just love you and i am BLOWN away by the love that was left from everyone. it.s so great to find you on becky shanders article on crescendoh...
hugs friend.
c