Poets United

                                                                


Poets United prompt #48 is mirrors; funny I just did a post on reflection.  First thought is the Queen in Snow White "mirror, mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all?" Talk about ugly on the inside; yikes. Then I think of Lord Farquaad...








Mystique of silver shards permeate gray matter
Fog’s infusion holds memories of younger days
Canopy of gray cashmere reveals Crystal violet mist
tarnished imprints fragment time's hands
Elephant’s skin apparition in house of mirrors
Voyage road map inflicts mood
Porcelain cracks appear in complexion
telephone lines marked by crow's feet and clown's smirk
brow lined with ebb n' flow of ideas,
Sterling weather and rising tide follow me
Hazy stratus clouds appear
Aura like green tea swirls
Hope spikes embarcadero
Heart’s dream in alkaline soil allows silver leaves to grow
Emerald heart longs for eternal
Spring~





Found this wall papered mirror at Mitzi's Collectibles.  
She show n' tells one how to add wallpaper to your mirror and some history on vanity mirrors~

Comments

Lolamouse said…
Beautiful! I love "aura like green tea swirls" ! Great image!
Mary said…
Beautiful. I yearn for eternal spring as well!
'...telephone lines marked by crow's feet and clown's smirk...'

Great line Ellen. :-)
Elizabeth said…
My favorite is the same as Paul's, but then I like the whole of the poem. Mirrors can be tricky things, depending on the mood of the viewer. Sometimes speak truth, other times sheer illusion. The clown's smirk is uncomfortably known,

Elizabeth
Unknown said…
Great imagery. Mirrors are such a wonder word toy :)
Ella said…
Siv-Thank you; so many ways to go with this prompt~

Elizabeth-Thank you; I didn't want to say laugh lines and then thought about how a clown conceals his/her emotions. How we sometimes have to put on a painted face, hence illusion. Thanks for stopping by, it means a lot!

Paul-Thank you; I kept thinking about the lines(wrinkles) of communication and how they form. I sooo didn't want to say laugh lines, lol~

Mary-Yes, it would be lovely to see~ Thank you!

Lolamouse-Thank you; I kept thinking about green equaling healing, change, growth and then tea jumped into mind!~ Glad you liked it!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful imagery and phrasings...love love love your poetry. :)
Ella said…
Hi Scarlett-Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind words! I couldn't find the right mirror to convey my words. I guess I would have to make it~
:-D
Denise Covey said…
Hi Ella. I caught you over at N R Williams. I'm glad I came by. Lovey post. Your poetry is exquisite as are the images. I have followed you so I'll be back for more.

Denise<3
Ella said…
Hello L'Aussie-Nice to meet you; thank you so much~
@>----
Jemi Fraser said…
Lovely - the images are beautiful :)
flaubert said…
Ella, sorry, I am getting here late. I love this piece, so many wonderful images in it.

Pamela
bttrflyscar said…
what an adventure!
Ella said…
bttrflyscar-Thank you ;-D

Pamela-I was late posting it; blogger was still having issues~ Thank you!

Jemi-Thank you for your kind words~
Beautiful description for something that I hate to look at! I love that you used Shrek as your beginning image, though. Adds a little fun and forecasts for the poem.
Ava
Ella said…
Hi Ava-Thank you; funny the Shrek mirror is the photo in the prompt. My favorite color is green and I went that route. How we hopefully grow no matter, what hand life deals us~ ;-D