Paint Your Story

Mindy Lacefield is an artist, who has graced the pages of many Stampington publications.  This is her art on the cover.



  
She even has her own rubber stamps!  You can see more of her art on her blog and her etsy store. You can read about her journey here. She has worked in the steel industry and was a make-up artist.  Her art business grew so much, she was able to quit her day job.  She is teaching an online class called "Paint Your Story".
 


I won her give away, it truly made my month! I have always been intrigued by her art, how happy it is!  I use to paint, but haven't for awhile. I am looking forward to this journey! I remember when I sold my first painting. I was thirteen, my Mom had signed me up for painting lessons. My grandmother asked me to paint a fantasy scene, mice with daisy umbrellas. I was kind of unsure, but she encouraged me. The day I gave her the art, she was so happy. She hung it in a special spot. Then she told me I was an artist and handed me some $.  I said, "No, it is for you." 



She said, "Artist get paid for their work, their imaginative eye." She tucked the money in my pocket. I remember how she made me feel special and how she made time for me, no matter what. It makes such a difference in this journey called life, when we have people who believe in us and encourage our passions, our hopes and dreams. I hope you have that in your life!

Thank you Mindy, I am thrilled to play with paint again! I have been away too long from this medium and look forward to it~

Comments

Scarlett Clay said…
I'm going to see more of her work right now, looks awesome, congrats on the WIN :) Thanks for sharing that story, too, wish we could see your little mouse painting from back then!
Vicki said…
Hey there! How fun that you won and are now exploring painting again. Can't wait to see what you create.
Kristin said…
HOW exciting!!! I love your story (what a great Grandma!) and I am so happy that you won a spot! I really want to take it too, even more now that I know you're doing it! hmmm . . .
HAPPY Valentine's to you! xoxo
Ella said…
Kristin-It would be so fun,it you joined in! YOU are a wonderful artist~ I love how you capture eyes, just amazing! Happy Valentine's Day! xo

Vicki-Thank you, can't wait to see your finds! You always find such unique, magical stuff. I'm jealous...I think I need to cross the border, maybe then I will have better luck! Happy Valentine's Day xo

Scarlett-Thank you, I wonder where the mouse painting is??! I would think my Aunt might have it...I'll have to ask. My Mom still has a sunset I painted hanging up in her home :D Happy Valentine's Day! xo
I would imagine you and your family are baking something wonderful, today!