If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Happiness can't be measured, nor should it be. Is it a wave that comes and go? No one is happy all the time, right?! What makes you happy?
Blogging, okay blog hopping makes me happy, my home, hobbies, my family make me happy. This order switches around daily, lol. Family doesn't always like my hobbies, how messy I get. Dinner might be out on the deck, because I have tea dyed something on the table or have scraps of fabric and paper piled up. Right now, I have Poe on my table. He is tiny and in the shape of a ...you'll see soon enough ;D
My husband loves to fish, I think of happiness like fishing. Sometimes we hook happiness and sometimes we don't. Sometimes it swims away rather quickly, but we can find it again. Taking time out to see beauty every day, lend a helping hand to someone, leaving a kind comment on a blog, call a friend, random acts of kindness to strangers, helping the neighbor with her groceries, these things make me happy. I am a happier person when I help or create. I find my soul has time to get away from my life's routine. Sometimes I find happy, when I'm striving towards a goal, reach it and move on to another one.
I said, sometimes...my thighs aren't thrilled about my bike goal. I have completed 245.5 mls so far.
I think I need yoga to get the kinks out.
I found this article and thought I would share. I 'm finding #1 difficult and #4 tough. My family doesn't understand my desire to make art. It happens sometimes...don't give up, find a way to express you~ What makes you happy and what numbers# speak to you? A hummingbird just buzzed by my window. They are back; I'm happy :D
Here are five steps to help you become the CEO of your own happiness:
1. Put yourself at the top of your list.This means tuning in to what your heart is telling you on a regular basis, caring for your physical and spiritual health, and slowing down enough to allow yourself to receive and enjoy life. Doing this will enable you to offer your best self to others.
2. Set boundaries.This means saying “no” more often than you may be used to. Saying “yes” to obligations that are not a fit for your emotional fitness or priorities will only lead you to feeling over-extended and stressed out.
3. Approach each day from a mindset of positivity and gratitude.Work to get into this place as soon as you wake up each morning. This leads to endless possibility. Focus on positive thoughts and keep an eye out for open doors, open arms, and open minds.
4. Look closely on a regular basis at what you’re tolerating.Ask yourself if there are changes you can make to reduce or eliminate things or relationships in your life that are draining your energy and dimming your light.
5. Remember that the people you spend the most time with have a huge impact on the quality of your life.Choose carefully and then spend lots of time with them, especially the ones who make you laugh.
The truth is that it takes work and practice on a daily basis to create a truly happy life. The good news is that the more you practice, the easier it will come. If you’re willing to commit, you’ll discover that joy, love, and inner-peace are among our most beautiful of renewable resources.
This is a contribution by Kristi Blicharski