Looking for Beauty in My Day

I went to the Dr. this week, for migraines.  I have been having more and more of them lately.  I thought it was the ups n' downs of the barometer, but now not so sure.  I suspect food allergies and  my sinuses. They tested my heart, my circulation, my bone density-it was crazy!  I was just thankful no alien coffin, this time.  I am not a fan of the MRI machine.  I was assured that was for next time-ick!

I was looking at John O' Donohue's books.  What a gift his words are!  This one book in particular got me thinking:  Beauty:  The Invisible Embrace.  Have you read his work?


"Beauty does not linger, it only visits." 



The sun is illuminating my kitchen blinds giving my freshly picked bouquet a line of stripes. Lately, the silhouette of day has been mushroom gray and cloudy-I am craving yellow.  I can't wait for the Forsythia bushes in my neighborhood, to burst open.   I think Dezzy was the one who told me another name for them is Golden Rain.  -Thank you Dezzy!   I tiptoed through the yard to pick these daffodils-which border my neighbor's yard.   




     My daughter received Medicine Cards for her birthday.  They aren't fortune telling cards, but more about signposts in one's life-based on Native American medicine. The help you connect your mind, body and spirit-using animal symbols.   It is like lessons and reminders to honor your spirit and others. My first card was the Grouse, which teaches respect.  It means it is time to spiral inward into the pinwheel of light.   It invites me to walk or dance to reconnect with Mother Nature and says I have been dizzy.  I have been-I have vertigo.   The last card was the Hummingbird, which symbolizes joy.  Hummingbird opens its feathers of the heart.  It says to get ready for a burst of energy and I need beauty and joy.  Soon I will receive a renewal of magic.  She didn't know I was looking at this beauty book.  Daughter did know I was dizzy, but I shuffled the deck  and selected the cards-not her.  There were other odd connections-nothing scary, more reminders of taking care of one's soul.   One card represented gifts-I have been thinking about doing a give away!  

Has spring sprung in your neck of the woods?   Do you have a special love of a certain animal or see a a certain kind, often?   Maybe it is trying to share some wisdom with you.  You can check out this site if you are intrigued, to discover your animal totem.   I hope the sun is shining in you world. If you take the test-let me know which one you are!   I am part Wolf and Deer?!  What about you?




Comments

Mary Ann Potter said…
Yes, it's spring here on the farm! Two new donkeys, six new baby chicks, daffodils blooming in the front. (Visit my blog for critter pictures!) And fresh inspiration for photos and art!

I prayed for you when I read about the headaches. I know about these --- had one every month for years. I sought the Lord about them, and He supernaturally took care of them. Dug into the Bible and learned that Christ took them to the cross along with my sins! Completely free for a long time now. This is what I want for you, dear friend. Sending blessings across cyberspace to you.
Mary said…
Medicine cards sound interesting, Ella. Have never heard of them. Hoping your migraines go away. Have never had them, but I can imagine how painful. Spring in this area? You have to be kidding. Sigh.
Kay L. Davies said…
Ella, it's been too long since I've "talked" with you. I'm so sorry about your migraines. I have a lot of health problems but I understand migraines are unimaginably awful. I hope something will be found to relieve them. You were my first special person at Real Toads, and I hope you know how much I care.
Luv, K
Brian Miller said…
spring has sprung a bit...the flowers are up through the dirt...i noticed them the first time today...we are still to get snow on tuesday though...blech...i will have to check out his books....i hope your migraines get better...
Food allergies can cause migraines. Hope that's all it is.
Great photos. Yes, we have spring now. Pollen hitting very soon...
Renee said…
I hope you feel well soon. I'm sure the sunshine will help. Pray for sun. I enjoyed reading about the Indian cards, sound like a fun exercise.
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Forsythia has ALWAYS been one of my faves - which I dont have here at my sister's, but will plant wherever next I alight. The wonderful thing about you is, your eyes and heart see beauty everywhere, no matter what, and I take comfort and inspiration from that. Think yellow - think ART ROOM - even if it is white - SPLASH IT WITH ART. Make it vibrant. Make it your own. Your soul needs a nurturing nest. Wish i lived closer. I'd help.
Kerry O'Connor said…
Nothing pleases my heart more than daffodils in Springtime. Your pictures are a gift to me today.
DEZMOND said…
sorry to hear about your migraines, Ella :(
Golden Rain and daffodils are in full bloom here since we're having 23*C temperatures here. Lilac has also started sprouting slowly and tulips too!
shelly said…
Lovely flowers and post! Spring and allergies have already hit Florida.

Hugs and chocolate!
Good luck and hope your spring brings joy!
Wanda said…
Hope your headaches get better. I started taking trokendi last year and mine have been maintained. Such a lovely quote about beauty. I haven't heard of medicine cards before. Happy spring.
Elise Fallson said…
We've got golden rain (love the name btw (go Dezzy :) )and daffodils in bloom here too, but they didn't like the heavy frost we got last night... I'm so glad spring is finally here.... :)
Ella said…
Thank you everyone! I will be back to comment. I have to go rescue daughter-she is fine, but I have to run to give her-her work apron!
I will return and visit you~