Tis the Season for Busy

We are all busy!

I am sad, I wanted to be fun and share craft ideas this month, but it has been a challenging time.  I became a bit blue after Thanksgiving.  I felt like a human yo-yo stuck on Rock the Cradle.   I went through albums of photos and wondered how time had gone so quickly?!   I miss my kids, their laughter and hugs most.  I play music loud and imagine they are here.  I am lucky we talk almost every day, but I still miss their magic!!  

My hound has been ill-first thought it was cancer, but it is his thyroid and maybe Cushings disease.  He lost significant weight and we found a lump near his thyroid.  His thyroid is compromised and we are waiting to see if this medicine will help.  



Are you ready for the holiday?!  I still have some last minute things to do and I always like to wrap up a few uniquely creative ideas. I made snowballs out of cotton battening and inside tucked a gift card.  The recipient will have fun unwrapping this snowball-it doesn't melt.  Okay, it might melt someone's heart-if the gift pulls one's heart strings.  I could see an engagement ring being at the end or some sentimental token!  I cut a strip of battening 4 inches wide and 2 ft long, some I have done 3 ft in length.   Mine are going to be the jokey kind-this year.  


You can tuck jokes, fortune cookie sayings, charms, silly or sweet sentiments along the way.  It is fun to watch someone unwind a snowball.  Snow, sentiment and smiles-I love a few fun gifts~
I pinned the end and added silver tulle bags and fortune cookies-this was my first attempt.  I added a heart stone. You do not have to pin the end, just tuck and roll around the items.  I was mailing this one and didn't want it to come undone.



Next year, I plan on blogging more and be more brave.  I want my art to be bold and colorful.   
I need to go downtown and take an art class, perhaps test the waters and see if teaching is an option?!  Bold will be my word for 2015.  Do you have a word picked out?


I did get one of my wishes-sort of!  I wanted to be on the cover of an art magazine.  I wanted my art on the cover-didn't happen, but my name is on there instead.  I am hopeful if I keep going maybe, just maybe my dream will come true~

Thank you, Danielle Mohler and Stampington for adding sunshine to my life~ Your publications have been a saving grace for me, through all those military moves!  I could always count on your magazines, your gorgeous photos and grace filled words to fill my heart with joy!  I have to pinch myself to believe I am in your publications!  It is a dream come true~



I made an Advent calendar out of red threads, Glassine bags and vintage photos, Washi tape and charms.  I have been trying every day to do something for someone else.  I wanted to tangle myself in humanity.  I am a loner type and with my children gone-this project has kept me busy.   Some ideas are simple, let people ahead of me in line and others I have to give away my gloves or my hat-to someone who looks cold, helping with groceries, opening doors, buying a stranger a cup of coffee-pay it forward type gestures.   So, far it has been fun and I feel like an elf~
Thank you, Stampington~


I also made a 5x5 square of art and mailed it to artist and author, Seth Apter.  Seth asks artists about their process. His books are insightful and inspirational!  My square is in a gallery in Connecticut-crazy to think of!  Thank you, Seth, for all you share and do~  It is a thrill to be part of this project!  Seth's books offer an inside look of artist's secrets, dreams, tips and tricks.  It will make you want to create and battle any creative blocks~

***Seth's photo**

Quote sister, Lesley Riley came out with her second quote book!  

I was stunned to see one of my cards in her book !
Do you have a favorite quote?!


One hundred artists are included and one hundred and thirty quotes~  This book would snap anyone out of a creative funk!  I gasped when I saw some of the gorgeous art paired with beautiful words~  In fact this book inspired me to make art!  Thank you, Lesley this book would be a beautiful gift for any holiday or celebration!


I am reminded, even though I have been blue-how incredible fortunate I am!  Thank you Seth, Lesley and Stampington!!!  

Thank you bloggers for being you-
"You all have warmed my heart!" 

Comments

Congratulations on the magazine and the book!
Sorry about your pup. I hope the medicine works.
Glad you can talk to your kids every day. Just keep playing thumping rock music and pretend they are there.
Merry Christmas, Ella!
Mary Ann Potter said…
The medicine will do its job and free your dog of ALL symptoms. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

I am so excited for you to see you being published again! Wow! I'm waiting for the Jan./Feb. issue of Somerset Studios to see if they published my art piece. It's a remake of that gray/lavender piece that you liked, the one with the stamp of the little girls and "sweet remembrance." I haven't gotten it back in the mail yet and hope that's a good sign.

I'm working on a submission to Bella Grace.

Merry Christmas, dear friend. Get so blessed that you can't contain it all.
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Ellie, this has been a difficult year of transition for you with you new empty nest - but I notice your little birds fly home frequently for some of that good Mama Love....this year I think the universe is telling you something, with all of the published articles and art projects in so many publications........your new direction? Your talent is definitely being recognized and I believe in 2015 your art will be on at least one cover. You are lucky you have your art to pour your time and heart into. I love your Advent calendar. How cool it looks........so original.........have a wonderful Christmas!
Maude Lynn said…
Wow, Ella! You have so much going on it's amazing!
Hi Ella .. they do just fly don't they - I don't know .. but others tell me - and you'll see how they blossom and have lovely and wonderful adult lives ...

I do hope your 4 legged friend can be helped .. in this day and age they seem to be able to do so much ...

Take care and your art is incredible, as too your creativity ... have a very happy Christmas run up season and then a blessed time .. cheers Hilary
I love this post. Thank you for sharing your art, and heart! Your pup is in my prayers. 2015- Bold! Yes. My word for 2015- Believe!
Grace said…
We all have challenges Ella ~ We try to do our best, smiles ~ I'm sorry to read about your dog but happy to see you doing what you do best, arts and crafts ~

Wishing you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ~
Ella said…
Hi Grace-Yes, we all do! Thank you, for your kindness and being you~ I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season! Thank you!


Christie-Thank you! You are sweet~ Thank you and Believe is a great word for the New Year! Happy Holidays to you~
Ella said…
Hilary-Thank you, so much! Yes, they can do wonders these days~ I think they are treated more like us and it makes a world of difference. You are very kind-I look forward to what your positive blog brings us in the New Year! Happy Holidays to you~

MZ-Thank you! I am in a state of stunned~ I followed my heart and art was my first love, but I need to do more. I miss writing poems and blogging. I need a few clones-lol
Happy Holidays to you and thank you for visiting me!

Sherry-Thank you! I just need to move through my feelings~ I have in the past been too busy to process and that doesn't work. So, maybe art and poetry will help me cope and I can pour my emotions into them~ Thank you!
You are very kind-there are many doing so many wonderful things!

Look, at your doing poetry readings and putting yourself out there-brave!
Maybe 2015 will be our year that we can be a bit closer to our dreams! Thank you, Sherry!

Ella said…
Mary Ann-Thank you! You make me smile~
I loved your art and can see it gracing their publication! I will look, too when this issue arrives-you are in my thoughts!
Oh, I bet your article will be good~ Are you writing about your farm? You should~ Best wishes to you and Merry Christmas!! I bet life on the farm is beautiful~

Alex-Thank you! Yes, lots of loud will keep me smiling! You are kind-Merry Christmas, Captain! I still want that Borg fridge-lol~ I hope you and Mrs. AC have a wonderful holiday season~
Mary Ann Potter said…
Hi, Ellen. Yes, they published it. Look on page 118 of the Jan./Feb. issue of Somerset Studio magazine! Thanks so much for your encouragement. It means lot.
kaykuala said…
You've made lots of break-through in publications and proposing still getting onto art classes next year! That's wonderful Ella! Go for it. You'll leave lots of footprints and that's fulfillment. Merry Christmas to you and Happy Hols!

Hank
Michael Di Gesu said…
Hi, Ella,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I am so happy you are creating! You are a true ARTIST and your work inspires others, too! Never forget that!

What a wonderful way of paying it forward. You truly are a kind soul....

Sorry to hear you are out of sorts and missing your kids... And also about you pouch. I hope he heals soon.

I've had lots of wonderful thing happen and life is sparkling for me right now... Try and drop by my blog if you can to catch up.

Basically I sold my condo, In a new, very COOL condo with an amazing panoramic view.... Did buy a cool coop in NY, BUT I found out the deal fell through, the owner got a higher bid even after he accepted my offer... I believe in fate and Karma.... We'll see what the future holds.... in the meantime, I am happy to live comfortably again.... Hopefully I'll get into my art and writing soon. That's the next step. Spent most of this month putting my new place together...

HUGS and ALL the best for 2015....
Ella said…
Michael-Thank you! Wow, it sounds life changing and just what you needed! I am happy for you~ YOU will-you have an artist's heart! Your words make me smile-thank you so much! Merry Christmas~ and Cheers to creativity in 2015!

Hank-Merry Christmas to you and yours! Cheers to 2015-you are very kind! Keep writing-your last poem was so vivid!
You should write a book~ :D
Seth said…
Looks like art-wise, 2014 is ending on a high note Ella. Hopefully in 2015, everything else follows that way too. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and a happy and healthy 2015. Glad that our paths have crossed!
i've lost what little remains of my mind ~ i SWEAR i commented on this post, Ella!

what i wanted to say was how happy i am for the recognition you are receiving for your beautiful artwork.

you are one of THE MOST warm-hearted, generous, brave people i have ever met. i love your paying it forward gestures!

i adore your snowballs! you are also one of the most creative people i know!

i hope your puppy is doing better, sweetheart!

finally, i know what you mean about missing your kids. my daughter is 43 now, but i still miss having her around every day. now that my grandchildren are teenagers, i never get to see enough of them either.

wishing you all the best!


dani
Lesley Riley said…
I am thrilled to include your work in the book, Ella.