Let Go



2017 had a tug of war energy, for me.  How was it for you?  I am tried of the drama and decided I just need to let go of the rope.   I am an introvert.  I like solitude, peace, and quite.   I can have extrovert moments, but for the most part I think I am an observer, a gatherer.   I like to sit back and watch-process the energy around me before I glide into day, or join in at a party, or set off on an adventure.   

I do believe owls are my totem animal.  In the past few weeks, I have seen a lot of owls-even during the day.

Conserve your energy until the time is right; be observant of your surroundings.
-Owl
"Owls love to sit quiet and still so that they can simply observe their surroundings. Therefore, this birds message to you is that you may need to remove yourself from the noise of life and become the still and silent observer.  Moreover, slowing down and becoming stable will allow you to access the wealth of information and Owl meaning that surrounds you. Whenever this bird is present it will share its ability to see what others may miss. In other words, open your eyes and truly examine how things are. You will be surprised by what you can suddenly see that is normally hidden from your view. As an example, other people’s motives may now become clear to you. External appearances will give way to the truth and meaning hidden beneath."    ***
Do you notice signs in nature?  For me, they are whispers of the universe reminding me to see the bigger picture, to join into life.  I have been observing things-too long.  Nature nurtures me, reminds me to breathe differently, to learn how to adapt, and to be amused and amazed. 
When I am hurting nature nurses me and reminds me, so much is said in solitude, when one listens with their hEARt.  
“I'm in agony: I want the colorful, confused and mysterious mixture of nature. All the plants and algae, bacteria, invertebrates, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals concluding man with his secrets.”
― Clarice LispectorA Breath of Life
“Sometimes writing a single line is enough to save your own heart.” 


How do you nurture yourself?






Comments

Ella! Good to hear from you. Been a long time. We're all introverts here, so please rejoin us.
I think an owl fits you very well.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Squirrels must be mine. We certainly have enough of them in our back yard.

It's wonderful to see you blogging again, Ella.
Yolanda Renée said…
Love the picture, and love that you are back! Welcome!
Wishing you health, happiness, and success in 2018!

I do like my solitude, so good for writing!

Happy 2018!
Sherry Blue Sky said…
I always love to see your name popping up on my blogroll, kiddo. I so agree - we creative folk need time and solitude to observe and reflect.........I love the quote about how writing one line can be enough to save your heart. So true. Here is to a wordy 2018!
Ella said…
Hi Alex-Cheers to you and us being introverts!! Thank you, for the warm welcome back~

Diane-Squirrels may be reminding you to lighten up and have some fun! It could be a message to lighten your load of things that you have gathered-thoughts, worries, and stuff. It is the New Year and winter does remind us we do need a bit more fun! I believe you are great at balancing work and play. Thank you Diane, it is nice to be back!

Yolanda-I wish you health, happiness, success, and joy, too~ I think 2018 is going to be a special year! Thank you, you are sweet~

Sherry-I was so, happy to see a raven poem over at your blog! I miss writing poetry and hope to attempt it again. It seems poems help me with my writing! It feels like poetry is shorthand for the soul-like a secret language. I always did love those secret decoder rings, writing a note in lemon juice, and solving codes ;D Cheers, to a wordy 2018!
Cynthia said…
Happy New Year, Ella. How have you been?

I admire the observant quality that is attributed to owls. I myself have learned that the more I observe certain things, the more I can trust my own instincts.

I read a lot during the holidays. That is one way to self-nurture.

Vicki Sheehan said…
Ellen...it's great to see you back! I love that last quote. I self nurture by working in my journal...with no specific outcome. And yoga...alone in my studio.
Ella said…
Hi Cynthia-Happy New Year, to you~ I like your thoughts and so, agree. Oooh, what are your reading? I agree reading is a great way to self-nurture. Thank you, for stopping by.

Vicki-I like the freedom of a journal. Sometimes we gather snippets of our days among those pages. Yoga sounds nice, too. I need to visit yoga, again. Moving meditation is a great way to nurture one's self. Thanks, for sharing!!
Nick Wilford said…
Nice to see you, Ella! And a beautiful post to start the new year. I think we can all use a lesson from the owl. Writers do benefit from sitting quietly and taking everything in. If you're too busy making noise, you can't hear anything else.
Ella said…
Hi Nick, Thank you! Maybe the owl is a metaphor for us to visit that inner place where we can hoot and soar in solitude. Yes!! We need both noise and quiet to process and discover buried treasure~ Happy New Year!
Carrie Van Horn said…
I think the true heart of a writer always needs time for reflection and has the great need to observe. I hope your new year is going well Ella. I have missed you.
Ella said…
Hi Carrie,
I have missed you and your beautiful energy~ I hope the New Year is off to a great start for you~ Thank you, for your valuable insight
Arlee Bird said…
I hope all is well with you. I like the philosophy of being an owl.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out