High Hopes..then a loss, sickness, and wandering....


     I had high hopes to blog 3x a week, then my aunt passed away, my husband took time off from work, and I got sick.   The momentum I had hoped for was lacking.  The prompts in the book, The Artist's Way are emotional and I pondered how much do I really want to share about my my lack of faith, creative blocks, and flaws?    I prefer to share ...my Art Dates and more happy endeavors and how wandering ignites other paths.      

    I mentioned Emily Dickinson on my IG account and   The Emily Dickinson Museum  commented.  @emilydickinson.museum     

I discovered there will be an exhibit in honor of the poet's birthday on December 10th.  You can be part of the exhibit by sending a postcard, art, and words to the challenge called: 
 "The World Writes Back:  Postcards to Emily Dickinson."   I knew I wanted to create something. 


This is my letter to the World 
That never wrote to Me –
The simple News that Nature told – 
With tender Majesty

-Emily Dickinson



I have made art influenced by Emily Dickinson's voice before and it was published.  I am always fascinated how poetry can transform us. I love this quote I discovered this morning:

"...the gift of poetry is how it allows us to be
 intimate with all things."    
            -Mark Nepo



The post cards can be store bought or created if you are interested:

Emily Dickinson Museum
280 Main Street
Amherst, MA  01002


Comments

Sherry Blue Sky said…
A combination of your art and a poem would be a perfect response to the Emily Dickinson exhibit, Ella.........I just read Kerry's prompt at Real Toads, reminding us that through the years we have chronicled the astounding changes that have occurred in the ten years we have been writing together. An inspiring thought. Dont worry about how often you write. Just be glad that you DO write, when you are moved to do so. Our words are always waiting there for us, whenever we find the time.
I'm so sorry about your aunt. Prayers for you and your family.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
The post card is beautiful.

I am so very sorry about your aunt.
Ella said…
Hi Sherry-Thank you! Oh, I will have to go look at the post~ I adore your contribution! It is amazing to think of how many poems have touched us along the way in all of those collective gatherings! Thank you, Sherry! This means a lot to me~

Alex-Thank you, Alex! It was sudden-

L.Diane-Thank you, for your kind words!
Peter parker said…
In Binance Sometimes Bitcoin transactions become difficult

Bitcoin is the popular coin in the crypto world and if you are facing error while making a transaction in the Binance account, you can take help and guidance directly from the team of skilled and elite professionals who are there to assist you. All you have to do is call on Binance customer support number which is the medium to get in touch with the professionals and you can talk to the team anytime for availing results in nick of time. Starting conversation with the team is a better idea as you can clearly clear all your doubts by discussing to them.
Website: https://bit.ly/2r0xzZS
JackHarry said…
look forward now Commercial Title Loans if you are facing for fund.
The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin cetak yasin murah
wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

Cetak Buku Murah

Aqur Printing Jakarta

Cetak Buku Yasin

Cetak Buku Menu

Cetak Yasin Murah

Cetak Spanduk Murah

Cetak Stiker Murah

Cetak Buku Murah

Conley Tiffany said…
Dr Itua cures my HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or visit his webstore https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/